ABOUT Dr. Yosam Nsubuga
A highly-qualified medical expert, Dr. Yosam Nsubuga holds a number of qualifications including a Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelors of Medicine, as well as a Masters of Medicine (Obstetrics and Gynaecology); all from Makerere University.
The highly-skilled doctor has also taken several courses and training including:
- Basic Laparoscopic Gynaecology course at the Nairobi Surgical Skills Centre in March 2013
- Fellowship in Infertility Management at the Hewitt Fertility Centre, Liverpool Women’s Hospital in October 2012.
- Advanced Labour ward practice course in London in October 2012 (RCOG)
- Structured Operative Obstetrics Providers course in August 2011 (CNIS)
- Harm Reduction model of unsafe abortion, Kampala – May 2012 (IPPF)
- Postpartum IUD insertion TOT, Kampala in June 2011 (AOGU)
- MVA use in Post-Abortion Care, Kampala – July 2009
- Advances in Labour Risk Management, ALARM International Program – Kampala, February 2009
- Emergency Medical care, Kampala – March 2007
- HIV Education, Kampala – 2006
Practically, Dr. Nsubuga has had a long and remarkable work experience.
From his days as an Intern Doctor at the famous Rubaga Hospital between August 2003 and August 2004, to his tenure as a Medical Officer in charge of Bunyaruguru in Bushenyi District between October 2004 and October 2005, as well as a Senior Medical Officer at Our Lady of Consolata Kisubi Hospital from November 2005 to January 2008.
More so, the Doctor served as a Teaching Assistant and later Lecturer at Makerere University’s department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology between February 2008 and April 2015.
Working in these diverse geographic environments has given Dr. Nsubuga Linguistic skills in other languages such as Runyankole, in addition to English and Luganda, his mother tongue.
Currently, he is the Medical Director at Doctors’ Hospital Sseguku where he doubles as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist; and holds Professional membership in the Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Uganda, and the Uganda Medical Association.