Your heart is in good hands at Doctors Hospital Sseguku (DHS) cardiology unit. Here at our DHS cardiology unit, you’ll find the latest technology and the expertise of renowned physicians specializing in cardiology.
We provide outstanding cardiovascular care to our surrounding communities. Services include prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of all forms of heart and vascular disease.
You can count on us to provide a unique blend of compassionate, collaborative medical care for treating the heart and vascular disease.
Heart and vascular conditions that we treat At DHS cardiology unit, you have access to expert, multidisciplinary care for the full range
of cardiovascular conditions.
Common Heart & Vascular Conditions we treat Hypertension and its complications Diabetes mellitus and its complications on the heart and vessels
- Rheumatic heart disease (a disease affecting heart valves)
- Dilated cardiomyopathy (enlargement of your heart chambers)
- Peripartum cardiomyopathy (heart muscle condition that affects mainly black women during pregnancy or after giving birth)
- Atrial Fibrillation (the most common type of irregular heartbeat
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Embolism (Blood clot in the vessels of the lungs)
- Heart Attack
- Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease including Deep venous thrombosis
- Heart and Vascular diagnostics and testing
At DHS cardiology unit, you have an entire team of renowned cardiologists, nurses and
support staff who are serious about supporting your heart health. From screening to
diagnostic tests and treatment for a heart or vascular condition, we provide compassionate
care that’s personalized to your needs. Your doctor will advise you on the screening and
diagnostic tests you may need. We offer comprehensive screening and testing in these areas:
General Cardiology: Sometimes called non-invasive cardiology, this is the medical speciality
focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of all types of heart disease.
Blood tests (D-dimer, INR, Pro-BNP, Troponin test)
- Blood pressure measurement
- Resting Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Holter monitor
- Stress test
- Compression ultrasound scan
- Doppler scan/imaging
In the event that you require more tests to be done, our team of competent health care workers will advise and direct you accordingly.
Heart Advice from our team: Do not wait to fall sick, come and visit our wellness clinic for a proper screen of your heart and vascular system.